Road to DACA, A Make the Road NV story

Stay updated on DACA with MRNV

On Friday, December 4, 2020, Judge Garaufis of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York issued an order vacating the July 2020 Wolf Memo and restoring DACA to the terms that were in place in 2012 when the program was first created.

Due to the court’s order, the government now must accept first-time requests for DACA, renewal requests regardless of the expiration date, and advance parole requests, based on the terms of the DACA program prior to September 5, 2017, and in accordance with this court’s November 14, 2020, decision. The government also must post a public notice explaining that it is accepting these applications by Monday, December 7, 2020. The court’s order also extends work permits that were issued for one year to two years.

Download the DACA know your rights here.

Download Road to DACA here.


How do I get my birth certificate translated?

Find a certified and experienced translation services company in your area. The average cost of a translated birth certificate is $20 USD per page.

Where can I get my GED?

Desert Rose High School 

Address: 602 W Brooks Ave. North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Phone: (702) 799-6240

Individuals wishing to pursue a Nevada State Certificate of High School equivalency must meet the following requirements:

  1. 17 years of age or older.
  2. Valid driver’s license, State ID card, current Passport, Military ID or Consular ID.
  3. Pay an HSE testing fee of $60.00
  4. PRE-Register for testing.
  5. Accommodations for individuals that qualify for the Americans with Disabilities Act.

College of Southern Nevada 



To register for the GED, go to http://www.ged.com and apply online. When you are ready, sign up for a test date and time online. Nevada fees apply. This is an online test that must be taken at a qualified test center.

Scheduling and rescheduling policies and fees are listed at http://www.ged.com.

Where can I get my vaccination records?

To download immunization records for yourself or a child under 18 years of age for whom you are the legal guardian, visit https://izrecord.nv.gov/public/Application/PublicPortal

Note: The State’s Help Desk can fix most errors in searches; thereby, allowing you to download your records in minutes. Toll-free number: 1-775-684-5954. If you are unable to access records from the portal, you can submit a completed Authorization to Disclose Patient Health information form in English. The form may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to legal@snhd.org. Download the form here: https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/download/medical-records-request-form.pdf

Note: the form must be signed with an original signature, not signed electronically.

Where can I get my school transcript?

Former students can go to https://clarknv.scriborder.com/ 

Current CCSD students must contact the school they currently attend. 

What if I need a lawyer?

If you need legal advice regarding your immigration case, we recommend contacting an accredited immigration attorney that can guide you through the process and provide you concrete legal advice. Find an AILA accredited attorney here: https://www.ailalawyer.com

Road to Immigrant Justice...