The Youth Power Project (YPP) is a youth led program that engages young people in local grassroots organizing, policy innovation, and financial literacy education.
The goal of the program is to organize youth to reform local bias policing, end the school-to-prison and deportation pipeline, engage in the electoral process up to an including voter registration, get-out-the-vote campaigns, bill drafts, legislative engagement, increase knowledge and skills necessary for everyday living such as financial literacy, healthy lifestyles and relationships, communication, and consumerism.
At Make the Road Nevada, we believe in:
- Social and Economic Justice
- Immigrant Rights
- LGBTQ+ Rights
- Reproductive Rights
- Dismantling the School-to-prison and School-to-deportation pipeline
- Youth Leadership and Empowerment
The Youth Power Project’s goals for 2021:
- Dismantle CCSD’s School-to-Prison-and-Deportation pipeline.
- Relationally organize with youth across the state of Nevada to build a statewide coalition which partnering youth-led program and placing young people on boards, commissions, and committees ensuring their voices are heard at all levels of politics in Nevada.
- Engage state legislators to pass legislation that would mandate multicultural instruction in all 17 counties. We believe that by enacting a multicultural education curriculum, we can help end the erasure of BIPOC communities in our schools and begin to value the contributions that our communities have made towards making our state a better place.